Turkmenistan and Qatar to cancel visa requirements for holders of official passports20.03.2023 | 10:19 |
Following the talks between President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov and Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, a package of bilateral documents was signed, TDH reports.
Among those signed is an agreement between the governments of the two countries on the abolition of visa requirements for persons who hold diplomatic or service passports. The adoption of the document indicates the intention of the States to significantly expand cooperation on a wide range of issues.
Also, the Governments of Turkmenistan and Qatar signed an agreement on the promotion and mutual protection of investments — a very important document that will stimulate the development of economic cooperation between countries with the world's largest reserves of natural resources.
In addition, the following documents were signed:
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Governments of the two countries in the field of emergency prevention and response,
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Prosecutor General's Office of Turkmenistan and the State Prosecutor's Office of Qatar in the relevant field,
– Memorandum of Understanding between Governments in the field of youth,
– The program of cooperation for 2023-2024 in the field of sports between the State Committee of Turkmenistan for Sports and the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Qatar,
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Population of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Labor of Qatar on cooperation.