Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Programme for the Aral Sea Basin (CAMP4ASB) announces a photo contest dedicated to the theme of climate change in Central Asia under the motto “50 images of climate change – time to act”.
Who can participate in the art contest?
Everyone is invited to participate in the competition – professional photographers, amateurs, journalists and media representatives from Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
The photo contest is held from 10 January 2020 to 1 May 2020.
What should the photos portray?
The photos should depict measures to prevent climate change, adapt to changing climate conditions, and the human faces behind these processes.
The contest welcomes a creative vision of the most pressing problem of our time – global climate change.
The photo contest is divided into three categories:
• The beauty and power of women’s nature – the role of women in the sustainable use of natural resources in a changing climate;
• Measures to prevent climate change – reducing greenhouse gas emissions associated with human activities; preserving and restoring forests and lands.
• Measures to adapt to climate change in agriculture – using smart technologies and resource-saving practices in crop and livestock production at the household level.
How to participate in a photo contest?
Anyone, desiring to participate on the contest, may fill out online application by 1 May 2020 and attach a photo here http://ca-climate.org/fotocompetition2/register/.
The same contestant has the right to participate in all three categories simultaneously or in the selected one. At the same time, only one photo can be submitted in each of the categories, which must be shot in Central Asia.
The photo must be submitted in JPEG format, high quality and resolution. The required size is within 500 KB – 5 MB (size from 1900 pixels on the long side, resolution from 150 dpi).
The photo must be accompanied by the author’s full name, have a title and brief description.
Signatures, watermarks, copyrights, etc. are not allowed in the contest entries. Photos that have been edited will not be accepted for participation in the contest. The minor adjustments to brightness and contrast are possible.
What will the jury pay attention to?
A specially created jury will evaluate the photo according to the following criteria:
• correspondence of the photo’s subject to the specified category (0-10 points);
• technical quality of the photo (0-10 points);
• competent composition solution (0-10 points);
• originality of design, imagery (0-10 points);
• originality of the photo title (0-10 points).
What prizes are waiting for the winners?
In each of the three categories, the judges will determine the winners, who will be awarded with professional cameras (first places), tablets (second places), and smartphones (third places).
The winners will be announced on 20 May 2020 on the website of the Information portal on climate change in Central Asia www.ca-climate.org, and award ceremony will be held on the sidelines of the Central Asian Climate Change Conference on 16 June 2020 in the city of Dushanbe.
The organizers of the competition pay all expenses incurred by the winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category for arrival to the award ceremony.
In addition, the jury will select the 50 best photos, the authors of which will be awarded certificates and consolation prizes. These photos will be featured at the exhibition during the Dushanbe conference.