Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to Turkmenistan Najibullah Alikhil informed that in Kabul the international conference devoted to the neutrality of Turkmenistan will be held.
In conversation with the correspondent of the ORIENT during the international conference «Turkmenistan and international organisations: cooperation for peace and development» which was held on January 14 in Ashgabat, he underlined: «We highly appreciate the neutral status of Turkmenistan and wishing to take the most active part in the actions dated for the 25th anniversary of neutrality of Turkmenistan, we plan to hold this year the international conference in the capital of Afghanistan.
– It is expected that well known statesmen, politicians, experts and representatives of the public of Afghanistan will take part in the conference work, foreign experts will be invited.
– I am glad that in today’s speech the head of Turkmenistan emphasised the importance of support of processes of reconciliation in Afghanistan, political stabilisation, economic and social development of our country.
– The neutral policy of Turkmenistan has a constructive role and it is pleasant for us that the president of Turkmenistan constantly initiates new effective international and regional projects of economic, energy and transport areas. I want to note especially projects TAPI, TAP and transit corridor «Lapis lazuli».
– We are ready for a long-term cooperation with Turkmenistan. After all we are connected by centuries-old brotherly relations of two neighbouring peoples.
– This year it is planned to hold «Days of culture of Afghanistan in Turkmenistan». I am sure that the given action will give a good impulse to the development of humanitarian relations of two brotherly countries – Afghanistan and Turkmenistan, – Najibullah Alikhil summed up.