A delegation from the Russian Federation is expected to be one of the largest and most representative delegations at the I Caspian Economic Forum. guests from Russia who already arrived and arriving will take part in many forum events, including its exhibition venues.
ORIENT features interview with the representative of the delegation Andrey Slepnev, Director General of the Russian Export Center Group, a member of the Vnesheconombank RF Group (VEB.RF Group), Russian State Development Corporation).
– How the Russian export to Turkmenistan develops in recent years? From your point of view, what areas of cooperation between our countries are considered as priority ones?
– Turkmenistan and Russia have long and close economic and political relations; at the present stage, they have received a new impetus for development. And first of all, thanks to regular meetings and negotiations at the highest level.
Russia is a leading foreign trade partner of Turkmenistan, which is a large consumer of Russian food, metallurgical, and chemical products as well as timber industry.
However, in recent years, export deliveries have shown multidirectional dynamics, which suggests that the potential of our trade and economic cooperation is not being fully realized, and we should to intensify joint work in this direction.
The peak of bilateral trade was shown seven years ago. Last year, the trade turnover between Russia and Turkmenistan was 412 million US dollars. Meanwhile, two-thirds out of the total sum of export from Russia was the supply of non-primary non-energy commodities for the sum of 283 million US dollars.
In the first quarter of this year, trade turnover between our countries increased by 36% to reach 134 million US dollars, while non-primary non-energy exports – by 40% to reach 85 million US dollars.
These figures show that our countries still have reserve to expand and strengthen cooperation in various areas, including industry, agriculture, education and science, digitalization of the economy, and inter-regional cooperation.
– Would you, please, outline the largest joint projects? What is the role of REC in promotion of bilateral trade?
– I would outline Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline as one of joint large projects. Significant progress has been achived in the implementation of the project; the Russian suppliers of oil and gas equipment has contributed to this success. With the support of the Russian Export Center, the Chelyabinsk Pipe Rolling Plant delivered large-diameter pipes that were used to lay the linear part of the Turkmen branch of the gas pipeline, which is almost 200 kilometers.
Supply of civil engineering products, agriculture, metallurgy, products of timber and chemical industries, as well as medicine and pharmaceuticals are other good examples of cooperation.
In addition, cooperation between banks of our countries is developing. The State Bank for Foreign Economic Affairs of Turkmenistan and ROSEXIMBANK (part of the REC Group) have reached an agreement to use the Turkmen manat for settlements under export-import contracts. A number of deals are under consideration.
– Would you, please, tell us more about Russian companies that arrived in Avaza these days? What are the profiles of the companies? What they can offer to partners from Turkmenistan?
– Many of arrived companies will be showcased at the joint Russian exhibition stand of the REC Group. Developers and manufacturers of drone air complexes, electromechanical test machines and equipment for test control, equipment for the production of new generation building materials, explosion-proof electrical equipment that prevents emergencies are among them.
For example, Finko company, one of participants, will present an unmanned vehicle, the reliability of which is recorded in the Guinness Book of Records, which confirmed the drone was able to fly at more than 9,000 meters above sea level – higher than Mount Everest.
TestSystems is another company is. It provides a whole cycle for the design, manufacture, assembly, commissioning of equipment for testing materials, which meets modern international requirements and standards in both quality and technology. The company will present unique special equipment for testing – in a deep vacuum under high temperatures, in radioactive environment and in inert gas environment.
AvtoVAZ will show LADA cars, including updated models with Cross index. The Gorky Automobile Plant will present a wide range of products from commercial and passenger vehicles to special vehicles. At the exhibition venues of the Forum, it will be possible to get acquainted with AURUS cars.
A business zone for B2B meetings in MatchMaking format (an interactive system for appointment of business meetings, developed by RussCom IT Systems) will be available for Russian-Turkmen negotiations.