On 13-15 July, Almaty will host a scientific conference “Central Asia on the Great Silk Road: Dialogue of Cultures and Religions from Antiquity to Modernity”.
The forum will be organized by the Kazakhstani Center for Rapprochement of Cultures and support of UNESCO Office in Almaty. The event will be held under the framework of International Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022).
The organizers hope that the conference will became a platform for wide discussion for the following scientific areas:
– historical geography: population migration as a factor of cultural genesis in the historical past and in modern conditions;
– urbanization and features of the nomadic way of life in Central Asia – caravan cities and the prerequisites for their emergence;
– communication of the peoples of Central Asia – issues of spiritual life, art and early mythological and religious systems, confessions, their mutual influence;
– transport, logistics, infrastructure as a means of communication;
– the potential of the countries of Central Asia to preserve the cultural heritage of their countries and nominate them on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Among other points of the agenda are culture of Peace and non-violence, social transformations, intercultural dialogue, partnerships.