Berdimuhamedov urged the People’s Council for new reforms in the agro-industrial complex

Berdimuhamedov urged the People’s Council for new reforms in the agro-industrial complex

President Berdimuhamedov appealed to the Khalk Maslakhaty (People’s Council) of Turkmenistan for carrying out new reforms in the agro-industrial complex.

The Turkmen leader underlined that it would be right to redistribute agricultural lands to the favor of farmers associations that show the best results. Thereto, it is necessary to create a land fund, which, based on an analysis of an ad hoc working group within the framework of the legislation, will provide land for a period of 99-year.

Berdimuhamedov advised that it would be reasonable if 70 percent of granted land to be used to sow wheat and cotton, while the rest, 30 percent, to be used to grow other types of plants. The Head of the State also focused on the approach, when the agricultural products grown by the farmers in excess of the state demand obligations could be, at the request of the tenants, remained at their disposal and sold at free-of-control prices.

Having stressed that the time has come and the government has to revise upwards the purchase prices for cotton and wheat, the Turkmen leader proposed to fix additional payments for the farmers producing high-quality seeds.

Berdimuhamedov said that it is necessary to attract local entrepreneurs to the agro-industrial complex and provide with legislative support, which will give a new impetus to the development of the food industry of Turkmenistan.

President also proposed to issue preferential loans at 1% annual interest rate for up to 10 years for the purchase of equipment for reclamation work aimed at improving the quality of sown areas.